Residents and businesses are being urged to give their views as part of the Local Plan Review public consultation.
The consultation is asking people for their views about how and where development needs such as housing, employment and retail should be met and managed in Chichester District over the next 15 years. The document sets out the council’s proposed planning strategy for the period up to 2035.
The Local Plan does not include areas within the South Downs National Park. These areas are subject to a separate plan undertaken by the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA).
People will be able to view and comment on the draft plan, called the Local Plan Review: Preferred Approach, over the next eight weeks until 7 February 2019. All documents, information and a series of frequently asked questions and answers can be viewed at www.chichester.gov.uk/localplanreview
Reference copies of the draft plan will also be made available for people to view at:
- Chichester Library: Tower Street, Chichester
- Selsey Library: School Lane, Selsey
- Southbourne Library: First Avenue, Southbourne
- Chichester District Council offices: East Pallant House, Chichester, and
- South Downs National Park Authority: South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst.
People will also be able to speak to planning officers from Chichester District Council about the proposals at a series of consultation exhibitions being held across the Local Plan area.
Events will take place in the new year as follows:
- Monday 7 January: The Bosham Centre, Walton Road, Bosham, 3pm until 8pm.
- Tuesday 8 January: Chichester District Council offices, East Pallant, Chichester, 3pm until 8pm.
- Wednesday 9 January: The Selsey Centre, Manor Road, Selsey, 3pm until 8pm.
- Thursday 10 January: Chidham and Hambrook Village Hall, Chidham Lane, Chidham, 3pm until 8pm.
- Friday 11 January: Bracklesham Barn, Beech Avenue, Bracklesham Bay, 4.30pm until 8pm.
- Monday 14 January: Chichester District Council offices, East Pallant, Chichester, 9am until 5pm.
- Tuesday 15 January: Wisborough Green Village Hall, School Road, Wisborough Green, 3pm until 8pm.
- Wednesday 16 January: The Fishbourne Centre, Blackboy Lane, Fishbourne, 1pm until 6pm.
- Thursday 17 January: Bourne Leisure Centre, Park Road, Southbourne, 2.30pm until 7pm.
- Friday 18 January: Hunston Village Hall, Selsey Road, Hunston, 3pm until 8pm.